Thursday, March 13, 2014

Robot Patchwork Blankie

My traditional guild will host our bi-annual show in June. We're super excited about a new venue this year. It's getting more and more difficult to find suitable venues for large quilt shows that are (a) affordable, (b) available on weekends, and (c) have decent lighting!  This year we'll be at the Capilano University Sportsplex and it's going to be spectacular.

Robot Blankie by Poppyprint

With that in mind, I've started turning my thoughts to putting my stash to good use. I coordinate the member's Boutique where we sell our handmade goods to show visitors, thereby earning ourselves and our guild some cash (the guild takes a small percentage).  While searching for something entirely unrelated in my drawers/bins/shelves/bags recently, I discovered a long-forgotten stack of 6" squares left over from pillows I made for my nephews a couple of years ago.

DSC_8115

Presto: one little boy stroller blankie or playmat for the boutique! Pieced, simply quilted and bound in an afternoon-evening.

DSC_8117
Backed with some Lizzy House Castle Peeps!

4 comments:

grapes and hearts said...

Oh, quick finish, how I love thee :o) Always gives me a kick in my derière to finish something else! Your baby blankie looks great and will make some little boy happy!

Katy Cameron said...

Fun wee play mat!

Lise-Lotte said...

Some little robot will be thrilled with this!
Lise-Lotte

Live a Colorful Life said...

SO cute. This is sure to make some little boy extremely happy!